The Glute Pump | 10 Minutes to a Bigger Booty
A few minutes from now, you can get a glute pump. You know the pump right?
After you work a specific muscle group and you feel the increase in size, that’s the pump. All you need is 10 minutes and your body weight to pull this off.
The Glute Pump Workout Overview
You won’t be doing more than 4 exercises. Remember, you only have 10 minutes and you want to maximize the pump in your glutes.
Now even though this is a body weight routine, if you want to include resistance band by all means do so. The more external resistance placed on the glutes, the bigger the pump will be.
As we break down each exercise, we’ll let you know which exercise will work best with a band. One other thing is that you should keep your rest time short.
The fastest way get a glute pump is to keep your rest times very short and hit the gluteal muscles as hard as possible. So make sure to use the stop watch on your smart phone to track rest times.
20-30 seconds in between sets is ideal. As always, you’ll be given a workout chart below showing the amount of sets and reps for each exercise. Without further ado let’s get into the exercises.
1. Knee up Bridges
Any type of glute bridge variation will always work the butt extremely well.
For this exercise you will be performing a marching motion with your legs. This will put extra resistance on the gluteus maximus and minimus.
How to do it
- Lie down on your back with your legs bent, brace your hips into position A as shown in the image above, that will be starting your position.
- Now slowly lift your right knee towards your chest as far as possible as demonstrated in position B, hold the position for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Return to starting position A and do the left leg. Alternate between each leg, performing the required amount of reps.
2. Leg Ups
To be honest, you’re going to feel the fire in your side booty muscles with this one. If you want to develop rounder and bigger glutes, you hit the gluteus medius.
Another exercise in this routine will also target this muscle as it’s one of the hardest-to-reach muscles.
How to do it
- Get on your right side as shown in position A with your left leg hovering above the ground, right leg bent under and right hand supporting your upper body.
- Lift your left leg as high as possible as shown in position B, Hold it there for 1 to 2 seconds then return to the starting position.
- The required amount of sets as shown on the chart below, switch sides then do the other leg.
3. Flat Hydrant
This is a clever twist on the standard fire hydrant exercise.
Instead of moving your legs laterally against gravity, in this variation you will move your legs vertically which add more resistance.
How to do it
- Lie down on your right side as demonstrated in the position A with both legs slightly bent and left leg hovering in midair above the left leg.
- Slowly lift your left leg as high as possible into position B and hold that position for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Return to the position A and repeat the required amount of reps on each side.
4. Standing Kickbacks
You will be ending the routine with a burner exercise. This means you’re going to hit the glutes as hard as possible with every bit of energy you got left.
Don’t hold back, give it 100%.
How to do it
- Stand shoulder-width apart holding on to a chair or any stable surface, lift and bend your leg as demonstrated in position A, that will be your starting point.
- Kick your left leg backwards and extend it far as possible into position B, until your leg is above parallel to the ground.
- Now slowly lower the left leg to the starting position and repeat.
The Glute Pump Exercise Chart
Watch ALL This Exercises Demonstrated Below:
(Optional) The Best Exercises In This Routine With A Resistance Band
These are the following exercises that will work extremely well with a resistance band and even give you bigger glute pump.
Flat Hydrant: For this exercise put the band around both ankles.
Knee-Up Bridges: Place the resistance band around both thighs right above the knee caps.
How To Use This Glute Pump Workout
You can get an awesome pump in 10 minutes. However, if you have more than that time frame then do the entire routine 2 times for maximum results. After completing the first circuit rest for about 2-3 minutes then do the entire routine a second time. For workout frequency, do this 3 to 4 times a week.
All Of This Is Great But…
If you want to permanently keep the gains, you have to step up your nutrition game. It’s not hard. You just have to increase your overall calorie intake to support glute growth.
If you’re looking for a meal plan to help you decide on what to eat throughout the day this will help. Your glutes will never grow without proper nutrition, no matter how hard you train.
Always remember that.
Now go ahead and get that glute pump! ?
Thanks for reading! Please subscribe and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest,Twitter, and Facebook
What’s your favorite Glute Move? Let us know in the comments.
Check out more from Viva La Vibes:
- 4 Belly Fat Burning Exercises to Uncover Your Abs
- 5 Glute Stretches (for a Bigger, Rounder Butt)
- 5 Moves for a Sexy Back
- 4 Exercises for Inner & Outer Thighs