4 Exercises for Inner & Outer Thighs
The Thigh Exercise Plan Overview
You won’t need any equipment to perform this routine, just your body weight. This is a 9 minute routine that combines 4 different workouts all targeting your legs. As always, make sure that you’re using a stopwatch to help time your workouts. This is very important! You don’t want to waste a second, every bit should go towards maximizing your efforts. The workout chart below will show the amount of reps and sets for each exercise. Don’t worry, each exercise in this routine is beginner-friendly. So it’s a perfect start to shaping up those thighs. OK let’s go ahead and explore each exercise so that you perform them correctly.Then after that we’re going to discuss how you can use this to your advantage.
1. Wall Sit
You probably have tried it before. Well, you’re going to do it again. ? This is one of the best lower body workouts you can ever do. Plus, you can do it anywhere that has a wall. What makes this exercise very appealing is that it’s low impact. So for those of you who don’t like jumping this should be one of your favorites.
How to do it
- You’re going to stand shoulder-width apart with your back pressing against a wall.
- Now slowly slide downward into the squat position by moving your feet forward until your legs make a 90 degree angle with your hamstrings parallel to the ground.
- Hold that position for the recommended time as shown on the chart further down below.
2. Lunge Pulses
This is a thigh burner. To be honest it’s going to challenge your legs but that’s the whole point of a workout, right? To challenge you. If your workout routine doesn’t push your body then you’re wasting your time.This doesn’t mean your workout has to be extremely exhausting but it shouldn’t be comfortable.
How to do it
- Stand shoulder-width apart then step forward like you’re performing a regular lunge.
- You’re going to slowly lunge down partially to about a quarter of the way down like a normal lunge. This will be your starting position.
- Now begin the exercise by pulsing up and down about 4 inches or so. But remember, you should always be in the lunge position and never stand up during the exercise.
- Perform the required amount of sets on each leg
3. Alternate Side Lunge
Also known as lateral lunges. This is a classic lower body workout will help to shape up your thighs.
How to do it
- Stand more than shoulder-width apart as demonstrated in position A in the image above.
- Now you’re going to slowly lower your body to the right putting more of the weight on your right leg as shown in position B.
- Hold that position for one second then move back to position A, then lower your body putting the weight on your left leg as you did previously.
- Keep alternating doing the required amount of sets as shown on the chart.
4. Slow Thigh Closes
With this exercise, not only will you be target in your inner and outer thighs but also your gluteal muscles will be engaged. You don’t need a resistance band for this move but if you have one use it. If you don’t have a resistance band, you should invest in one, they are very cheap and can definitely do wonders for your thighs and glutes when used correctly.
How to do it
- Lie down on your left side as demonstrated in position A with the resistance band around both thighs right above the knee caps.
- Slowly raise your right leg upwards as wide as possible as shown in position B, and hold that position for 1 to 2 seconds.
- After the pause slowly return to the starting position and repeat the required amount of reps for each leg.
THE 9-MINUTE WORKOUT CHART FOR REDUCING THIGH FAT
See ALL The Exercises Demonstrated The Video Below
Using This Workout To Slim Down Your Thighs
If your main goal is to reduce thigh fat, you will have to take a slightly different approach. You would train 2 times a week with this routine but combine it with a cardio session of either walking or running. So, for example, after completing this 9 minute workout, you would rest for about 5 minutes then hop on the treadmill or go outside and run for 20 to 30 minutes. If you want to speed up the results, you can do this workout up to 4 times a week if your schedule allows. But 2 times a week should be the minimum. The goal is to reduce overall excess body fat because you can’t spot reduce thigh fat. And for this to be successful, you have to eat in a calorie deficit.
Here’s a meal plan you can use and modify to your liking.
Using This Workout To Get Thicker Thighs
Now, if you’re on the other end of the spectrum which is trying to get thicker thighs, this is what you should do. Instead of adding cardio to this routine, you’ll be adding some weights.This can be a 20 to 30 pound dumbbell or any weighted object you might have around the house. You would use the weight when performing the wall sits, alternate side lunge and lunge pulses. Added resistance will challenge the muscles to adapt and grow thicker. You can do this routine up to 4 times a week but 2 times should be the minimum. Instead of going in a calorie deficit you have to do the opposite. Which is eating a lot more calories daily to help support muscle growth. This doesn’t mean you should go binge on junk food. You’re simply increasing the calorie intake of high quality unprocessed foods.
Here’s a meal plan you can use as a guide.
Now It’s Time To Get Started!
Your thigh goal is within your reach, all you need to do is start taking action. But most of all remain consistent, as that’s the only way you will see results.