Today’s tutorial was inspired by a post I saw on the account @braidsbylia on instagram.
I love the double fishtail french braids in this hairstyle. I think it adds a little something extra to the style.
What other hairstyles would you love to see tutorials for? Let me know in the comments down below!
Double Fishtail French Braid Flower Ponytail Supplies:
Double Fishtail French Braid Flower Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section on the left side and divide it into three sections for the braid.
- Step 3 / Start a french braid by crossing the right strand over the middle and then cross the left strand over the middle.
- Step 4 / Then I’m going to combine the middle and right strand together to switch to a fishtail braid.
- Step 5 / Take a small piece from the right strand, cross it over to the left, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over to the left side.
- Step 6 / Cross a small piece from the left side over to the right, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over to the right side.
- Step 7 / Repeat those steps, continuing the fishtail french braid, working down the left side of the head until hair is brought in from above the left ear and the center of the back of the head.
- Step 8 / Then continue the braid a little further down and tie an elastic over the bottom.
- Step 9 / Repeat those exact same steps and create a second fishtail french braid with the hair on the right side of the head.
- Step 10 / Tie the two braids together at the back of the head and remove the elastics from the individual braids.
- Step 11 / Pick up a section of hair from each side of the head, at the nape of the neck and tie these together over the ends of the braids.
- Step 12 / Now braid this hair into a regular three strand braid, crossing the side strands over the middle strand, and braiding down to the ends.
- Step 13 / Pull on one side of the braid to help create the petals of the flower and tie off the bottom of the braid with an elastic band.
- Step 14 / Then wrap the braid into a spiral to create a flower, tucking the ends of the braid into the center and placing it where the fishtail french braids meet.
- Step 15 / Slide some bobby pins underneath the flower to secure it in place and set the style with hairspray.
- You may also enjoy: