Half Wrapped Bun
Today’s tutorial is a hairstyle from my book, DIY Updos, Knots & Twists. I’ve never shared a hairstyle from this book but this one is my very favorite. In the book, I did the style on my sister and have been wanting to try it on myself ever since.
This is such a pretty style for a formal event or school dance. It looks so tricky but is easy to do once you break it down into steps. I hope you love it as much as I do and give it a try for your next special occasion! xo, Missy
Half Wrapped Bun Supplies:
Half Wrapped Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide out a section of hair at the crown, from the part down to the left ear, and clip this away.
- Step 3 / Combine the bottom hair together and tie it into a ponytail near the nape of my neck.
- Step 4 / Take a clear elastic band and slide two bobby pins on opposite ends of the elastic.
- Step 5 / Bring the ponytail up and slide one bobby pin into the hair under the ponytail, lay the elastic band over ponytail hair, and then slide the other bobby pin into the hair on the opposite side, underneath the ponytail.
- Step 6 / Take a hair cushion and place this over elastic band of the ponytail.
- Step 7 / Slide bobby pins around the edges to hold it in place.
- Step 8 / Smooth the tail of the ponytail over the cushion and tuck the ends underneath.
- Step 9 / Slide a bobby pin underneath the cushion to pin the ends in place.
- Step 10 / Let down the top section of hair and brush it over the right side of the bun.
- Step 11 / Starting on the left side, roll the hair upwards, creating a twist over the top of the bun.
- Step 12 / Continue the twist until all of the hair is combined and then wrap the twist around the right side of the bun, underneath, and up the left side.
- Step 13 / Pin down the end of the twist before sliding bobby pins around the rest of the twist to hold it in place.
- Step 14 / Once it’s all pinned, go back over the twist and gently pull on the edges to make it a little fuller.
- Step 15 / Spray the style with hairspray and smooth down flyaways.
- Step 16 / Finish the style by adding an accessory on the left side of the bun.
Thanks for reading! please subscribe and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest,Twitter, and Facebook
What’s your favorite bun hairstyle? Let us know in the comments.
Check out more from Viva La Vibes:
- 110 Instagram Outfit Ideas
- 27 Simple Short Hairstyles
- Concealer Mistakes you Didn’t Know you Were Making
- 13 Trendy Haircolors for Fair Skin