Today’s tutorial is a hairstyle that every girl should know how to do. It’s perfect for all year round and never goes out of style.
If you have already mastered and love the french braid then the next braid on your list should be the dutch braid.
Try it out and share it with your friends; I’m sure they’ll love it if you do. Thanks so much for reading!
Dutch Side Braid Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Clear elastic band
- Medium-hold hairspray
Dutch Side Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide out a section of hair to frame the face.
- Step 3 / Pick up a section on the left side of the part and divide this into three pieces for the braid.
- Step 4 / Start the dutch braid by crossing the right strand under the middle strand. Then cross the left strand under the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Now cross the right strand under the middle, pick up a new section and cross it under and into the middle.
- Step 6 / Then cross the left strand under the middle, pick up a new section and cross it under and into the middle strand.
- Step 7 / Repeat those steps, crossing the side strands under the middle strand while bringing new sections into the braid, keeping the braid along the left side of the head.
- Step 8 / Once all of the hair from along the part line is brought into the braid, then start adding in hair from the right side of the part, sweeping it around the back of the head adding it into the braid.
- Step 9 / Then once the braid reaches the nape of the neck, and all of the hair is brought into the braid, then continue braiding the section a little further down and tie off the end of the braid with an elastic band.
- Step 10 / Now go back over the braid, pulling on the edges to make the braid wider and more full.
- Step 11 / Then set the style in place with a medium or firm hold hairspray.
- *Tip: If little pieces fall out of the braid, at the back of the head, use bobby pins to pin them into the back of the braid.
Thanks for reading!
Do you believe the hype? Sound off in the comments.
Check out more from Viva La Vibes:
- 110 Instagram Outfit Ideas
- 27 Simple Short Hairstyles
- Concealer Mistakes you Didn’t Know you Were Making